Library Director, McDonald County Library, Pineville, Missouri
The McDonald County Library seeks community-minded and qualified applications for the position of Library Director. The Library Director manages the daily administrative activities of the library, promotes the library in the community, partners with local agencies and educations facilities, writes and administers grants, maintains facilities, guides personnel, and is responsible for all programming.
The library serves a county population of 23,000. The main library, built in 1984 and recently renovated, lies in the center of Pineville, just down the street from the elementary school. There are two branches, one in Noel, opened in the late 1990s, and a new facility in Southwest City opened in 2011. McDonald County is a rural collection of communities, and features a multicultural and economically diverse population. The county is located just north of the Northwest Arkansas corridor, and was included in the Metropolitan NWA Region in the latest census because of the close proximity.
Library staff includes several full-time and part-time positions, and the annual operating budget is approximately $300,000.
- MLS preferred or other bachelor’s degree with relevant experience considered
- Professional administrative experience
- Experience preparing and managing a balanced budget
- Experience working with current technology and library services
- Ability to provide quality children, teen and adult library programs
- Ability to interact positively with community and educational leaders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing and administering grants
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will range between $35,000-$40,000, based on education and experience. Benefits include vacation, holiday pay, and sick leave. Insurance and retirement may be negotiated.
Email or mail a cover letter, resume, and three professional letters of reference that include reference contact information to email@example.com or McDonald County Library, Attn: William Chamberlain, Bd. President, 808 Bailey Road, Pineville, MO 64856.
The first round of interviews will begin in June 2020. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.