Looking for a new or better job?
Here are several resources to help:
Our library offers an extensive collection of materials designed to help you with your job search and career advancement.
There are several websites that post jobs and positions available in the SW Missouri & NW Arkansas area. Here are just a few:
PLEASE NOTE: These are external links to websites not associated with the McDonald County Library, and we are not responsible for their content. If you find a broken link (a “dead” website or a page that doesn’t specifically list jobs available) please notify our webmaster. Thank you for your assistance in keeping this list current and helpful!
Note to employers: If you have a jobs/positions/opportunities website that you’d like us to include here, please contact our webmaster with the link.
Other Employment resources online:
- File your Missouri Unemployment claim online – “A NEW OR RENEWED CLAIM FOR BENEFITS SHOULD BE FILED AS SOON AS YOU BECOME UNEMPLOYED. Delaying the filing of your claim can result in loss of benefits. “
- TheResumeBuilder.com – Interactive resume creator, and several sample resumes. Includes some great tips about “Do’s & Don’ts”!
- HowToWriteaResume.net – Another resume building & hosting service.
- GotResumeBuilder.com – Another resume building & hosting service.
- Resume-Builder.net – Another resume building & hosting service.
- MyFuture.com– Informative site for those who are serious about their job search and/or wanting to start a new career.
- GREAT TIPS and INFORMATION at this site, including:
- Cover Letters – Every time you send out a resume, you’ll need to have a great cover letter to send along with it. It’s a good idea to customize your cover letter for each job you’re applying for.
- Job Interviews – How to prepare for, dress appropriately, and finally “ace” your job interview.
- CareerBliss.com – over 3.5 million job postings, 4 million salaries and 700,000 company reviews. (As of 2015)
- Jobcase.com – Job search engine. Aggregates job search listings from several web sources.