Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 4:35 p.m. Those members present were Erlene Gideon, Alice Snodgrass, Sheila Owens, Rachel Abercrombie, Ann Crowder-Sanders, and Carrie Cline.
Reading of Minutes – After reviewing the minutes from December, Sheila made a motion to approve them as written, Ann seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Carrie presented the December statistics and the 2012 Year-End statistics.
- The library will team up with Carol Owens at the High School library to host an after school program each week entitled, “Permanent Addictions : Books, Beans & Blogs.” The ultimate goal is to find teens to volunteer next summer during the Summer Reading Program and to take part in the teen activities we have planned in June and July.
- We have trimmed over 14 hours out of the employee schedule per week, which we hope adds up to a substantial cut.
- The Friday closings have gone over very well, with very little complaining from patrons. Many patrons expressed their support for the library if we ever try for a tax increase.
- Carrie and Wes will attend the Noel Primary Family Technology night at the end of the month to promote our material and programs.
- Anna Gibbs was named the McDonald County Library Volunteer of the Year because of her selfless donation of time and skill whenever we need it. She is especially valuable during the book sales.
Financial Reports – After reviewing the financial reports, Erlene made a motion to approve them, Ann seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
Public comments on agenda items – none
Old Business – none
A. Finalize 2012 Budget – Rachel made a motion to finalize the 2012 Budget as presented, Erlene seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
General Public Comments – none
Adjourn – Sheila made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Ann seconded, and the meeting was adjourned at 5:00 p.m. The next meeting will be held on February 8th.