Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 10:05 a.m. Those members present were Carrie Cline, Sheila Owens, Rachel Abercrombie, Ann Crowder-Sanders and Alice Snodgrass. Erlene Gideon was unable to attend.
Reading of Minutes – After reading and discussing the May minutes, Sheila made a motion to approve the minutes as written, Rachel seconded, and it carried unanimously.
- Carrie presented the statistics for May. They included the very first set of stats for the new Southwest City Library.
- Carrie asked the McDonald County Telephone Company for a free basic cable drop to the Pineville Library, as an additional means of providing ongoing and current information to the public, such as weather and news. They graciously agreed and it has now been installed.
- The Summer Reading Kick-Off was a great success, and the first program at Southwest City had over 60 attendees. The Pineville event on Thursday evening was the largest crowd ever, with 98 counted. Carrie is thankful for all of those at both libraries who are volunteering their time to make this such a huge success.
- Dalana Fuller will host an Adult Summer Reading program next Saturday, June 18th at 5 p.m. at the Pineville Library. A scrapbooking specialist will be presenting Basic Scrapbooking Techniques, and all are invited.
- Because of scheduling conflicts, the July meeting will be cancelled.
Financial Report – After reviewing the May financial reports, Rachel made a motion to approve them, Ann seconded, and it passed unanimously.
Public comments on agenda items – none
Old Business – none
A. Check Signatures – Carrie opened a discussion about signatures on the checks. Library policy states that there must be two signatures on each check, but the bank only requires one. There are times when Carrie must get a check in the mail to avoid penalties, but has no time to contact a board member for that additional signature. She presented policies of other public libraries, from only board signatures and no director’s signature at all, to only the director’s signature on each check. The board discussed ways to help Carrie with this problem while protecting the director and staff from any appearance of maleficience. It was decided to put Ann on the bank signature card, and she already has a signature stamp for emergencies. Carrie is to work on a policy for this by the next meeting.
General public comments – none
Adjourn – Sheila made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Ann seconded, and the meeting was adjourned at 10:40 a.m. The next meeting will be held on the third Saturday of August, August 20th and will include the annual Tax Levy Hearing.