Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 10:00 a.m. Those members present were Carrie Cline, Alice Snodgrass, Sheila Owens, Ann Crowder-Sanders, and Rachel Abercrombie. Erlene Gideon was unable to attend.
Reading of Minutes – After reading and discussing the March minutes, Sheila made a motion to approve them as written, Ann seconded, and the minutes were approved unanimously.
- Carrie presented the statistics for March.
- The Summer Reading Program is fast approaching. Carrie has managed to visit almost every school, and will make sure that every student gets a take-home packet before the end of school.
- We have created wonderful Passports for each of our children’s, teen’s, and adult’s programs, and they are at the printers now.
- For the first time, there will be two story time events each week. In June, there will be a story time every Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. at the Southwest City library, and every Thursday evening at 6 p.m. at the Pineville library. In July, the days stay the same, only the times will be at 10 in the morning.
- Carrie will be meeting with the school librarians in a couple of weeks, to get a good idea of which librarians can work at the school libraries this summer as part of the grant, since there will be summer school.
- The books are being finished at Southwest City and shelved, and the last half of the books will be moved over this coming weekend. From now on, a team of librarians will be at the library every day possible to keep things moving along. Signage for the front of the building was discussed, as it does not say “Branch of the McDonald County Library.” It is important that the residents understand that their tax dollars are crucial to keeping their library open, and Carrie will raise this issue at the Southwest City Library Foundation meeting Tuesday evening.
- Noel has a lovely new floor, and their new shelves should be in transit now.
- Carrie did receive the new copier with the grant, and it has been delivered to the Southwest City library.
Financial Report – After reviewing the financial reports, Ann made a motion to approve them, Rachel seconded, and they were approved unanimously.
Public comments on agenda items – no comments
A. Transfer Agreement – Rachel made a motion to approve the transfer agreement between the Southwest City Library Foundation and the McDonald County Library as written, Ann seconded, and it was approved unanimously.
New Business – none
General public comments – none
Adjourn – Rachel made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Sheila seconded, and the meeting was adjourned at 11:10 a.m. The next meeting will be held on May 14th