Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 10:20 a.m. Those members present were Carrie Cline, Sheila Owens, Rachel Abercrombie, Erlene Gideon and Ann Crowder-Sanders. Alice Snodgrass was unable to attend, and Megan Hill attended as a guest.
Reading of Minutes – After reading and discussing the February minutes, Ann made a motion to accept the minutes, Erlene seconded, and the minutes were approved as written.
- The February statistics were presented, and the stats for both libraries were a little down because of the 3 snowstorms in a row that closed both buildings for several days.
- Carrie is starting to attend evening family events at the McDonald County schools, to hand out information about the Summer Reading Program.
- The Noel library will have new flooring put in this month, which will mean the entire collection must be moved out into a moving van until the floor is installed. Also, the new shelves have been ordered with Equalization funds and will also be arriving this month.
- On Friday, March 11th, the entire staff closed the libraries from noon to 4 p.m. and had a county-wide staff meeting. The Southwest City library grand opening was discussed, as was the upcoming Summer Reading Program. Then the staff received training about our new OverDrive downloading system that we are able to make available to our patrons. We joined a state-wide consortium which made our fees manageable, and we can provide our patrons with downloadable ebooks and audio books.
- The Southwest City Library grand opening will be held on Saturday, May 7th and both Noel and Pineville will close their libraries that day so the entire staff can be in attendance.
Financial Reports – After reviewing the financial reports, Erlene made a motion to approve them, Rachel seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
Public Comments on Agenda Items – no comments
- Southwest City Library Update – Megan Hill presented several items to the board.
- The transfer agreement was presented for a read-through, and will be signed on or before the grand opening on May 7th.
- The Grove library donated their black and white copier to the library, and Megan presented maintenance and rental figures from the company that had been taking care of the copier. Carrie mentioned that she has not heard any word concerning the grant for a new color copier, but that the Library Board might consider purchasing it anyway with Equalization funds.
- The Foundation has agreed to purchase internet and telephone service from the Ozark Telephone Company and will pay the first year. Carrie will fill out some paperwork to get the service started.
- The new telephone number is 762-READ.
- Megan would like to purchase a large-screen digital television for the community room for presentations.
- The Grove Friends of the Library donated $1000 to the Foundation.
- Carrie is to get a building and content insurance quote from Tilley Insurance by April.
New Business – none
General public comments – none
Adjourn – Rachel made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Ann seconded, and the meeting was adjourned at 11:09 a.m. The next meeting will be held on April 9th.