Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 10:10 a.m. Those members present were Carrie Cline, Alice Snodgrass, Ann Crowder-Sanders and Erlene Gideon. Sheila Owens and Rachel Abercrombie were unable to attend.
Reading of Minutes – After reading and discussing the January minutes, Ann made a motion to approve the minutes as written, Erlene seconded, and it passed unanimously.
Director’s Report –
- Carrie presented the January statistics.
- Carrie bragged on the staff and their dedication to keeping the library open during the many snow storms every day that was possible.
- Charlie Brown will be attending MOREnet’s technical conference at Tan-Tar-A, most of which has been funded by MOREnet.
- Carrie attended the Missouri State Librarian’s legislative update, and presented a list of bills which could potentially involve public libraries.
- The library received the 2011 Targeted Collections Grant totally $4100 worth of juvenile award winning titles and health and medicine books.
- The library also was notified that they received almost $20,000 in Equalization funds.
- As part of the Equalization expenditures, Carrie would like to purchase new adjustable shelving for the Noel library. The Noel Housing Authority is also doing some construction projects in the library, including new flooring. The library would love to have a grand opening at the Noel Library before the SW City grand opening, just to let Noel know that we fully support their library.
- The ordering and processing for SW City continues. The staff are all involved in the processing and the new library will be all ready to open by May.
Financial Report – After reviewing the reports, Erlene made a motion to approve the financial reports, Ann seconded, the they were approved unanimously.
Public comments on agenda items – no comments
Old Business – no old business
New Business – no new business
General public comments – no comments
Adjourn – Erlene made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Ann seconded, and the meeting was adjourned at 10:30. The next meeting will be held on March 12th.