Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 4:40 p.m. Those members present were Sheila Owens, Erlene Gideon, Ann Kresyman, Alice Snodgrass and Carrie Cline. Rachel Abercrombie was unable to attend.
Reading of Minutes – After reading and discussing the September minutes, Erlene made a motion to approve them as written, Ann seconded, and the motion was passed unanimously.
- Carrie presented the September statistics
- Carrie attended the Missouri Library Association Fall Conference in St. Louis, where she gained valuable information not only at the workshops, but in conversations with fellow librarians. All are in financial stress, some worse than others.
- Two staff members were recently married, which we are all happy about.
- MOREnet / Fiber Update – the McDonald County Telephone Company has the fiber installed to the Pineville building. The Ozark Telephone Company has parts on order, but is installing a higher-speed DSL connection than we have right now, and will let us use this for free until our fiber is installed.
- We are presenting some classes at both locations, a Windows 8 class and an Organization class.
- Because Carrie was unable to attend, Retha and Tammy attended the Southwest City School’s literacy night, where they handed out free books to the kiddos. Ann suggested that each book be stamped with “Compliments of the McDonald County Library” so everyone would know who provided the free book.
- It is time once again to write our Summer Reading Program grant proposal for 2014. The manuals are in, and it is a science theme.
Financial Reports – After reviewing the financial reports, Sheila made a motion to approve them, Erlene seconded, and it was passed unanimously.
Public Comments on Agenda Items – none
Old Business – none
New Business – none
General Public Comments – none
Adjourn – Ann made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Sheila seconded, and the meeting was adjourned at 5:20 p.m. The next meeting will be on November 8th.