Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 4:50 p.m. Those members present were Sheila Owens, Ann Kresyman (formerly Ann Crowder-Sanders), Alice Snodgrass, Rachel Abercrombie, and Carrie Cline.
Reading of Minutes – After reading the August minutes, Sheila made a motion to approve them, Ann seconded, and the minutes were approved unanimously.
- The August statistics were reviewed.
- Keys to the Pineville Library were misplaced, so the front door was re-keyed, with all new keys made for the staff, cleaners, and computer IT men.
- Carrie got all three final grant paperwork packets in the mail this week. We will hopefully be reimbursed for this money before 2014.
- We did receive our mini tech grant for 10 new laptops, which were ordered today. Because they went down in price, we were able to purchase 13 laptops with the money awarded.
- Camuela has been re-doing the landscaping at the sides of the building. It will be completed next spring with the planting of different trees and shrubs.
- Last month, Carrie and Wes (and Sheila and Rachel and Alice) attended the Noel Back to School Block Party. We handed out free books from First Books to many many children.
Financial Reports – After reviewing the August reports, Rachel made a motion to approve them, Sheila seconded, and they were approved unanimously.
Public comments on agenda items – none
Old Business – none
A. Change in Connectivity – Carrie outlined the problems that Pineville and Noel have been having for 4 years now with connectivity through MOREnet that cannot meet our needs. They cannot help us upgrade to fiber, which is what we really need.
By ending our relationship with MOREnet and buying fiber straight from the local phone companies, we can use the money we’ve been paying MOREnet for membership fees and get much better connections. Ann restated our genuine respect for MOREnet and for all they did for schools and libraries since the 90s, but we do need to do what’s best for our county. She made a motion to approve the changeover, Sheila seconded, and it passed unanimously.
General Public Comments – none
Adjourn – Sheila made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Ann seconded, and it was adjourned at 5:40 p.m. The next meeting will be held on Friday, October 11th at 4:30 p.m. at the Pineville Library.