Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 4:30 p.m. Those members present were Sheila Owens, Erlene Gideon, Alice Snodgrass, Ann Crowder-Sanders, Rachel Abercrombie, and Carrie Cline. Rick Peck was a visitor for a brief time.
Reading of Minutes – After reviewing the March minutes, Sheila made a motion to approve them as written, Ann seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Carrie presented the statistics for March.
- The Book Sale starts Monday, April 15th.
- Our large Obituary database has been hosted by GoDaddy very inexpensively for a long time, but now they are discontinuing this service. To save money, Charlie is going to create a database that we can host locally. He and Bruce have been getting the equipment ready this week.
- This morning the entire staff attended an E-reader Petting Zoo and Training, taught by Bruce. It was very informative, and now we feel better prepared to assist our patrons on various devices.
- All three libraries, especially Noel and Pineville, are re-doing the children’s spaces as an Equalization project. Neither library has enough room for all of our young patrons, and we are going to make the space larger and more appealing.
- Instead of a table of prizes this year, area merchants have agreed to be part of our “Freebie Card,” which children and teens can earn this summer after reading 10 hours. This card is going to be worth a great deal of money, and they can take advantage of every offer on it.
- The fixtures in the hallway near the public bathroom have never worked since I arrived in 2001. We have installed a nice little light on the wall which will light the way to the restroom very nicely.
- The Non Fiction grant has been received and can be spent this coming week. The appropriate titles will be purchased ASAP, cataloged, and put out on display to check out as many times as possible before the Final Report is due in August.
Financial Reports – After reviewing the March financial reports, Rachel made a motion to approve them, Erlene seconded, and the motion was approved unanimously.
Public comments on agenda items – no comments
OId Business – none
A. Mr. Fitts – Mr. Fitts called Thursday afternoon that he was postponing his visit until sometime in the future. Carrie included in the minutes all of the paperwork donated by Mr. Fitts to the board, and the article in the newspaper clearing up our classification of Political Subdivision, and a wonderful Letter to the Editor from one of our Story Time moms.
General public comments – none
Adjourn – Sheila made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Rachel seconded, and the meeting was adjourned at 5:40 p.m. The next meeting will be held on May 10th at 4:30 p.m.