Roll Call – Alice called the meeting to order at 4:35 p.m. Those members present were Alice Snodgrass, Erlene Gideon, Rachel Abercrombie, Ann Crowder-Sanders, Sheila Owens, and Carrie Cline.
Reading of Minutes – After reviewing the February minutes, Ann made a motion to approve the minutes, Rachel seconded, and they were approved unanimously.
- The February statistics were presented.
- Carrie will be attending the fund-raising carnival at the high school on Saturday, March 9th to represent the library at the Book Walk attraction. Thank you to Bruce Arnold for helping to haul the many boxes of free books over to the high school.
- Concerning the Summer Reading Program, Carrie has called each school and will have booths at various parent nights and carnivals in March and April to hand out material to families.
- Story times have been going well. Yesterday, for the first time ever, there were more participants at Southwest City (25) than at Pineville (20)! Very exciting for Southwest City!
- Since receiving the E-reader grant, the five devices are being shipped. Once they are here, we will be having a staff workshop to learn the devices, then various “Petting Zoo” events for patrons at Pineville and Southwest City in April before the Summer Reading Programs begin.
- Shannon will be leaving us at the end of the month for another job. We wish her all the best, and the schedule will be amended to help save the library some additional hours. We might be able to reopen on Friday mornings during the summer.
- Carrie attended the Epsilon Sigma Alpha meeting and received the “Diana Award” for achievement.
- The April book sale will be during the week of April 15th.
Financial Reports – After reviewing the February financial reports, Rachel made a motion to approve them, Sheila seconded, and it was passed unanimously.
Public comments on agenda items – none
Old Business – none
A. Mr. Fitts – After requesting to be on the agenda, Mr. Fitts did not attend the meeting.
General Public Comments – none
Adjourn – Ann made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Erlene seconded, and the meeting was adjourned at 5:30 p.m. The next meeting will be held on Friday, April 12th at 4:30 p.m.