Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 4:35 p.m. by Vice President Sheila Owens. Those members present were Sheila Owens, Rachel Abercrombie, Ann Crowder-Sanders, and Carrie Cline. Alice Snodgrass and Erlene Gideon were unable to attend.
Reading of Minutes – After reviewing the January minutes, Ann made a motion to accept them as written, Rachel seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Carrie presented the January statistics.
- The library received the 2013 Summer Reading Program grant for $8400.
- The library also received a grant for eReaders for $1115.
- The library is partnering with the McDonald County High School library to hold a weekly after-school program for interested students called “Permanent Addictions : Books, Beans & Blogs.” It is gaining in popularity every week, and a great outreach to our area teens.
- Carrie presented a letter from Mr. Fitts concerning our sign prohibiting weapons in the library. The board discussed the history of the Conceal and Carry Law and how it pertains to the library, and the effectiveness of such a policy. This matter is tabled until the next meeting, because all board members must be in attendance to amend a policy.
- Carrie attended a webinar about Working with your Library Board, and handed out a summary of the items discussed. Carrie’s job and the Board’s job were compared and discussed.
Financial Report – The January reports were discussed, and Rachel made a motion to accept the report, Ann seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
Public comments on agenda items – none
Old Business – none
A. Policy Review – we want to review a different policy each month, not only to amend needed changes, but to keep us aware of the policies that govern our library. This was tabled for when the entire board is in attendance.
General Public Comments – none
Adjourn – Ann made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Rachel seconded, and the meeting was adjourned at 6 p.m. The next meeting will be held on Friday, March 8th at 4:30 p.m.