Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 4:40 p.m. Those members present were Erlene Gideon, Ann Crowder-Sanders, Sheila Owens, Rachel Abercrombie, Alice Snodgrass, and Carrie Cline.
Reading of Minutes – The October minutes were read and discussed. Sheila made a motion to accept the minutes as written, Ann seconded, and the motion was passed unanimously.
- Carrie presented the October statistics.
- The fall Book Sale made over $700, all of which will be used to purchase new books and materials.
- November is Clear Your Fines month at the library. For a donation to Crosslines, any fines over $1 will be cleared. This enables patrons with huge fines to clear them and start over, and the proceeds go toward a worthy cause, just in time for the holidays.
- On Thanksgiving morning, Southwest City will again hold the Turkey Trot. This year the proceeds will benefit the new Cultural Arts center, but Carrie will be the official timer on behalf of the library.
- The library will have a booth at the Noel Christmas parade and Christmas train event on December 8th.
- Carrie will be attending MPLD at the Lake from December 5th to the 7th.
- The librarians would like the trustees to know that all of the historical notebooks kept behind the counter have been experiencing a makeover. Precious items are being put into better and fewer notebooks.
- Shirley Morgan Alps has been letting the library display her beautiful quilts throughout the holidays.
Financial Reports – After discussing the October reports, Ann made a motion to approve them, Erlene seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
Public comments on agenda items – none
Old Business – none
New Business – none
General public comments – none
Adjourn – Sheila made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Ann seconded, and the meeting was adjourned at 5:15 p.m. The next meeting will be on the third Friday, December 21st at 4:30 p.m.