Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 10:10 a.m. Those members present were Alice Snodgrass, Rachel Abercrombie, Sheila Owens, Erlene Gideon, Ann Crowder-Sanders, and Carrie Cline
Reading of Minutes – After reviewing the August minutes, Ann made a motion to accept them as written, Rachel seconded, and the motion was approved unanimously.
- Carrie presented the statistics for August and September.
- The library recently received monetary gifts from different organizations. The Noel Women’s Club donated $100 to the Noel Library. The Noel Methodist Church VBS donated $125 to the Noel Library, and a poet named Kate Schapira chose our library to fund raise for, as we were in a drought-effected region. Over one night, she raised $235 on her web site for the McDonald County Library.
- Carrie attended the Missouri Library Associaton’s Fall Conference in Springfield and had a great learning experience.
- The Homeschool workshops this semester are featuring a lot of science and safe experiments.
- Eric’s Pest Control was called recently to spray for brown recluse spiders and other little bugs that are coming in on patrons’ items. Also, the back door is leaking because the trap seems to be clogged that takes away excess rain water. Plumbers are coming this next week.
- The Fall Book Sale will be held October 22nd through the 27th.
Public comments on agenda items – none
Old Business – none
New Business – none
General public comments – none
Adjourn – Sheila made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Ann seconded, and it was adjourned at 11:00 a.m. The next few meetings will be held on the second Friday night of the month at 4:30 to see if this would work better for the trustees. The next meeting will be held on November 9th at 4:30 p.m.