Tax Levy Hearing – After reviewing the worksheet from the State Auditor’s Office, Rachel made a motion to set the 2013 tax levy at our voted (and allowed) $.10. Ann seconded the motion, and it passed unanimously.
Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 10:00. Those members present were Carrie Cline, Rachel Abercrombie, Ann Crowder-Sanders, and Erlene Gideon. Sheila Owens and Alice Snodgrass were unable to attend.
Reading of Minutes – After reviewing the July minutes, Rachel made a motion to accept the minutes as written, Ann seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Carrie presented the statistics for July.
- The Noel Library, Housing and the Senior Center were broken into over the weekend. The library experienced no damage, and only a little cash and an old laptop were taken. The police are working on it.
- The Neosho Library Board of Trustees voted last month to end the long-standing reciprocal agreement between McDonald and Newton counties. Therefore, on September 1st, any of our card holders from Newton County will have to pay our $10 yearly fee per family to continue to use our library. McDonald Countians will have to pay $25 to use Newton County.
- Shannon just returned from the Missouri State Library’s Summer Basic Institute, and really learned a lot and had a great time. The hotel, tuition, and food were all paid for by the State Library.
- Carrie and Wes will attend the Noel Back-to-School event on Saturday afternoon, August 11th. They will give away bookmarks and stickers, and certificates for candy IF the children come to the Noel Library to redeem their certificates.
- The Summer Reading Program is over, but Carrie doesn’t have complete reports from all of the branches yet. A final report will be presented next month.
Financial Reports – After reviewing the July financial reports, Ann made a motion to approve the reports, Rachel seconded, and the reports were approved unanimously.
Public comments on agenda items – none
A. Tax Increase Discussion – This was tabled until all board members could be present.
General public comments – none
Adjourn – Ann made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Rachel seconded, and the meeting was adjourned at 10:20 a.m. The next meeting will be held on Saturday, September 15th.