Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 10:15. Those members present were Carrie Cline, Alice Snodgrass, Sheila Owens, Rachel Abercrombie, and Ann Crowder-Sanders. Erlene Gideon was unable to attend.
Reading of Minutes – After reviewing the June minutes, Sheila made a motion to accept the minutes as written, Rachel seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
- Carrie presented the statistics for June, including OverDrive usage.
- The 2012 Tax Levy Hearing will be held before the next board meeting is called to order on August 11th.
- Carrie demonstrated the Web Page Calculator that Bruce has designed for our patrons to calculate how much their property taxes would rise if a 5 cent voted tax increase was passed. A survey will be created in August for our patrons at all three libraries to fill out, to get their feedback.
- The Summer Reading Program is drawing to a close, and it has been another great year. Carrie will have statistics at the August board meeting.
- There are several free meetings that different staff members will be taking advantage of. In August, Shannon will travel to Columbia for the Missouri State Library’s Basic Summer Institute, which is several days’ training for staff members without a degree. They provide the training, room, and board for free. Next Friday, Wes and Retha will travel to Springfield for another free workshop for Branch Managers, also provided by the Missouri State Library. Carrie not only appreciates the availability of the free workshops, but having staff who are willing to attend!
Financial Reports – After reviewing the June financial reports and asking questions, Ann made a motion to approve the reports, Rachel seconded, and the reports were approved unanimously.
Public comments on agenda items – none
Old Business – none
A. Budget Amendment – Sheila made a motion to add $500 back into the Security line item, which had been removed at the beginning of the year for cost-saving reasons, but was deemed too important to drop. Rachel seconded, and the budget was amended unanimously.
General public comments – none
Adjourn – Rachel made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Ann seconded, and the meeting was adjourned at 11:10 a.m. The next meeting will be held on Saturday, August 11th.