Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 10:05 a.m. Those members present were Carrie Cline, Alice Snodgrass, Ann Crowder-Sanders, Rachel Abercrombie, Sheila Owens, and Erlene Gideon.
Reading of Minutes – After reading and discussing the February minutes, Ann made a motion to approve the minutes as written, Sheila seconded, and it passed unanimously.
Director’s Report –
- Carrie presented the February statistics.
- Carrie has started attending spring Family Nights and Carnivals at the county schools to promote the Summer Reading Program, beginning tonight at the Rocky Comfort School Carnival.
- The Home School workshops have been held twice a month with outstanding attendance, and the past week was about Political Science and Government. The kids had an election for McDonald County Sheriff, complete with a Primary Election, a General Election, and lots of campaigning. The McDonald County Clerk’s office generously lent us a ballot box, a Vote Here sign, and I Voted stickers, which made the entire event very special.
- With the 2012 Equalization funds, the library will put out a bid soon for a concrete project out front where the stairs are crumbling.
- Ann will assist the library with finding master gardeners to help maintain the landscaping out front.
Financial Report – After reviewing the reports, Erlene made a motion to approve the financial reports, Rachel seconded, the they were approved unanimously.
Public comments on agenda items – no comments
Old Business – no old business
New Business – no new business
General public comments – no comments
Adjourn – Ann made a motion to adjourn the meeting, Erlene seconded, and the meeting was adjourned at 10:30. The next meeting will be held on April 14th.